Monday, November 14, 2011

Sometimes it just sucks ...

Little Lizzie died last night


She had moved onto lapping from dish and had just started  eating canned food well too - she was bright, playful and happy


then yesterday she sneezed after lunch



by midnight she was gone - her breathing was laboured and she was suddenly very congested





I could have raced to emerg and left her in an oxygen tank overnight and hoped she survived for awhile but to be honest, having done it before, I had little faith that she could or would survive. I simply could not leave her to die alone and afraid. This way she faded slowly and peacefully with Ali and I. It was sad, no it was tragic, but Lizzie was never afraid nor was she ever cold. She mostly slept and when she woke up she would nestle in against Ali or I.



We will miss her.

No comments: